Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Bitterness

I was sincerely praying the other day and as I was praying, the word "Bitterness" came before me. So of course I was trying to figure out what was the meaning of this. After prayer, I immediately began to research bitterness and prayers against bitterness. I discovered that bitterness is tied to so many other things and it brought the saying "roots of bitterness" to life for me because bitterness is the underlying problem of it. Unforgiving, resentment, jealousy, hatred, etc. they all go back to bitterness. It is amazing, how you can think you are over something, only to discover you just simply buried it. You assume because you don't think about it anymore, or have learned to cope with it that it no longer exists, but that is so far from the truth in many cases.

Sometimes we act different towards certain people or are snappy with them or may occasionally catch an attitude over something silly and it all results back to bitterness. I find that it is especially easy for men to harbor bitterness and allows it to take root in our emotions, because most men are not expressing themselves. Most men are not openly expressive about their feelings and do not disclose the hurt they encounter and as a result they are withdrawn or build up walls not even knowing the lasting effect that it may have.

There is a lot of fatherly neglect in the African-American community, I find so many young boys, have no contact with their father and many are clueless as to who their father may even be. A sense of responsibility is missing; the element of fatherly instinct to protect, care for and cover his family is void and non-existent in many of our communities. I believe bitterness plays a vital role in this issue we face today.

So many fathers are upset at how relationships turned out with the "baby mama," but I must bust your bubble....that is totally, absolutely and utterly irrelevant to the care and concern for your child! You have a responsibility to be a part of your child's life and help raise him in the way of God. So don't let bitterness take root in your heart, because its roots will bury deep and cause grave effects. Guard your heart, keep a consistent prayer and fast life and if you have an issue with  someone discuss it, forgive and move on! It's not worth occupying any of your time, as my dad use to tell me "I've got bigger fish to fry!"


No comments:

Post a Comment